Sunday, August 26, 2007

Sluggish Sunday



I refrained from using Lazy Sunday but really thought about it.


Some very good friends are moving to NYC on Monday and last night was their going away party and I couldnt be more excited for them. At the party, we all stayed up pretty late had several drinks and had a great time. It's 2:45pm on a Sunday and this is the first time I've done anything productive. Just wanted to post a song I thought was fitting because -
A.) Its from the Walkmen, a NYC band.
B.) This song sounds like a Bob Dylan song (pretty sure Jason is a Bob Dylan fan).

The Walkmen - Another One Goes By.mp3


All the best of luck to you guys. If ever in doubt of what to say when walking around the big city...just use - "I'm Walkin here!"


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Garrett...you genius you...thats a perfect song for this roadtrip. Just to keep you updated, we're getting close to St. Louis and we keep seeing signs for "Nostalgia-ville"...not exactly sure what that is, but I'll bet I can get an Elvis Presley kleenex holder and a collectable spoon with Buddy Holly's signature.

Anyways, we're gonna miss the hell out of you and our going away party was quite the event...we'll make that keg reach the inflatable pool one day.

I'll try to keep you posted on how the trip is going...of course using "Gare Bear Sounds" as my forum...and as long as my sprint wireless internet card holds up.

For all ye all who read this blog, some I know, some I don't. I'll miss you all but don't worry, I'll be back soon to preach about Milo, Neil Young, guitars and records.

You can take the boy out of Beattie, but you can't take the Beattie out of the boy, i.e. I'll be back soon and I miss you all.

Rueg Dog

Garrett Sorrels said...

Im glad to hear the travel is going well. Let me know you're status. Talk to you soon.