Thursday, August 2, 2007

Modest Mouse

Modest Mouse plays in Kansas City tonight.
I'm excited. I haven't been to a concert in months and its been years since I've seen MM.

I do enjoy their latest album We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank and look forward to seeing them play with live with the new addition, Johnny Marr. I still cant get believe hes part of the band, very cool.

However, I've decided to post some old tunes though....
here are a two oldies but goodies. The first is from Building Nothing Out of Something. The second is from This Is A Long Drive For Someone With Nothing to Think About.
Right Click and Save As, to Download


6 comments:

morghan said...

how were they? we left after band of horses. i forgot how annoying rivermarket concerts were...

Garrett Sorrels said...

They were fine. We had fun but nothing real memorable about it. They werent bad but its Modest Mouse...to me it was more fun seeing them in a danchall with 300 people.

After a while we just walked over to Winslows and had beer on the patio. It was cooler over there. Being in a sea of kids felt like being inside a mouth.

morghan said...

right on. i thought band of horses was very "safe," but still beautiful sounding. i know. next time i'm parking myself in the damn 5 story parking lot behind the stage and listening with my cheap case of PBR. afterwards we picked up the biggest bottle of vanilla vodka the scary liquor store sold us and smoked cigarettes galor in the wonderful A/C of my apartment. it helped me not feel like i'm 40 years old.

Mr. Vranicar said...

This almost 40 something is so out of the loop, he didn't even know Band of Horses was opening up for MM. I love their first album.

I'm glad to read that the AC in your apartment alleviated the feeling of being 40 years old. I wish it were that easy for me :)

morghan said...

hahaha... crap.
well, being totally mindless with my drinking helped too, just like back in 7th grade! joking, kind of .. but my really really lame hangover the next day brought me freshly back to reality.

Garrett Sorrels said...

Oh totally, I would like to sit in the parking garage and listen for free. Thats the way to go.