Thursday, August 2, 2007

Bear Colony



This album (We Came Here to Die) by Bear Colony, isnt new by any means. It actually came out February of this year. One of their songs came up on my Ipod while taking a jog last night. I was lacking motivation, I was tired, my stomach hurt and I just wasnt feeling it at all. I considered turning around and going home.


Here's where it gets cheesy. When their song came on it got me super excited, I think goose bumps were involved. The energy of the music (electro drum machine beats on top of guitar) really helped but the singer and lyrics seemed very inspired. After getting home I wanted to learn more about these guys..

Interesting story-

This (Arkansas based) band is the brainchild and heart of singer/songwriter Vince Griffin. Two years ago, this guy (Griffin) was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease and stayed in bed for months. From what I've read about this disease, there isnt a cure or medical procedure in most cases. While he was in bed.....he and ten of his closest friends started writing this album. Wow! Oh yeah, the Crohns disease was mis-diagnoses. He's fine now.

I understand why it sounds so inspired now.

(Ew, goosebumps again with that closing line).


Seriously though....give these tracks a listen and go buy the album.






Right Click and Save Target As to download
Bear Colony - Sharks (MP3)
Bear Colony - Hospital Rooms Aren’t for Lovers (MP3)




No comments: