Monday, January 18, 2010

Local Natives

The Local Natives out of Los Angeles are a band I've been listening to a lot lately. They're a five piece band that is extremely vocal heavy, but they're also a very beat heavy band which are things I love oh so much. The Local Natives will be making an even bigger name for themselves in 2010, its a guarantee.

Gorilla Manor (album) has been released in UK but will be available in the US around Feb. 16th. Mark the calendars and hide the air mics / bongos.
Below is one of the songs off that album. Its a Talking Heads cover.




Followed by a very cool video of the Local Natives playing a Thank you song to a nice group of people in Vermont. The van was stuck and after a kind family helped the band / van out of the mud they played an amazing impromptu version of "Airplanes"


2 comments:

John said...

Nice video! I've heard Gorilla Manor a couple times through, and I agree, I think they will be a band you will here a lot from in 2010.

Garrett Sorrels said...

Thanks John!
Glad you like the video. I thought it was nicely done.