Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Fleet Foxes (revisited)

2008 was quite a year for the Fleet Foxes, they were part of the folk / indie explosion which i love. I was suddenly reminded of their beauty this past weekend while doing some outdoor painting. Thats right...painting outdoors. Manly work...I mean real manly stuff. I'm talking- sweat was on the brim, had to have a cold beer to cool me off, shirt off cause I'm in the backyard where the neighbors cant see me, type of work. Anyway, the ipod was on shuffle and the Double F's came on (Fleet Foxes)


The song that came on wasnt from their 2008 album. The song i heard was "She Got Dressed" off their 2006 EP. Its a very good EP and...it actually made me think of "In the Hot, Hot Rays" off the same album and how appropriate that song was for the current outdoor painting situation. So, i decided to listen to the entire album and was surpised by how much i love it...to me its completely different than their 2008 breakthrough.

It seems to be a bit more Rockin' (if thats an appropriate word to use with the Fleet Foxes) or maybe its just more jammin'?


This six song EP isnt available on Itunes and i dont know exactly how i have a copy, but its definitely worth tracking down.

Here are two songs from Fleet Foxes 2006 EP
Fleet Foxes - She Got Dressed (mp3)
Fleet Foxes - In the Hot, Hot Rays (mp3)

No comments: