Friday, March 7, 2008

Real Emotional Trash


Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks' new album came out on Tuesday (Real Emotional Trash). The indie legend continues to show why he is a legend. Beautiful songs, cool hooks, nice solos. After one listen, I think I love it. Its time to to make an "I heart Malkmus T-shirt". Lets not forget about The Jicks, so far I think their performance on this album meets their best work if not surpassing it. Thats pretty good, comparing against-The 1st self titled (Stephen Malkmus) Pig Lib, and Face the Truth.






Check out the play box I added to the right. I always liked the old fashioned way of manually uploading songs (if it can be called old fashioned)...but this handy tool really is much easier and faster. There are three songs from the new album for you to check out.

PEace.

4 comments:

Jim V said...

Malkmus is a freaking legend. I love that guy. And the new album is as good as you describe. I'm not ready to annoint it as being better than his other solo work, but it is damn solid.

Garrett Sorrels said...

Jim v, so glad you stopped by.
It's been a while.
You know, I may be guilty of letting the newness get a hold of me before giving it a fair comparison, but I still havent really stopped listening to it since last week.

Anonymous said...

do you guys like it better than sky blue sky?

Garrett Sorrels said...

not sure yet, anonymous :)