Monday, July 2, 2007

Fourth of July

Wednesday marks our country's 231st birthday.
I thought it would be fitting to share a few songs from Lawrence, KS based band Fourth of July. I'm a little ashamed to admit that I just found out about these guys last week. Maybe I'm not as cool as I used to be? Anywho, I've listened to the album "On the Plains" and I'm enjoying it very much. For me, it’s reminiscent of early or mid 90's indie rock (Built to Spill, and even Pavement at times).

The band consists of Brendan Hangauer (vocals, guitar), Patrick Hangauer (bass), Kelly Hangauer (keys, trumpet, vocals), Brian Costello (drums), Steve Swyers (guitar), and Adrianne Verhoeven (vocals) formerly of The Anniversary.

So go on, get your "4ofJ" celebration started right by giving these guys a listen.

Fourth of July - Long Gone MP3

Fourth of July - Be Careful MP3



No comments: