Tuesday, April 22, 2008

French Kicks

The NYC based band French Kicks is back with a new album "Swimming". I've liked their previous albums which are garage bandish...simple tunes with nice beats. Also, while i was in my lab I discovered a formula for pop music.

See below-

This new one is a little different, much more calm and a little less punk face, but still keeps the attention. My favorites off the album so far are Said So What, Carried Away, and Love in the Ruins.

Another thing about this album- French Kicks have always sounded a bit like other bands out there, but on this one I think they've experimented a but instead of using the exact (sometimes repetive) post punk formula.
Rating- 3 out of 5 Gare Bears- There are four tunes from the new album streaming in the box to the right- listen to them.

No comments: