Thursday, January 3, 2008

Keep Your Eyes Ahead


A little late to post on this, but I'm still getting over the 10 day work break I had.....so lay off.


The Helio Sequence released their first single "Keep Your Eyes Ahead" last week. The new album (with the same title) will be released in just a few more weeks, 1/29/08 to be exact.


The new song took me a few listens to really get into it, but after a few listens I'm digging it. For some reason it didn't immediately grab me like most of their other songs, but I've been anticipating this new album for several months now so my expectations have been as high as the sun. Also, both members said this new album is stripped down and is minimalistic, or a simpler sound. Cant wait for 1/29/08.
Its a good song to bring in the New Year with. Happy 2008 everyone and please download the new single below, thanks to Sub pop Records.




Something else I thought was very cool - I wrote the drummer Benjamin Weikel a few weeks ago to ask him a few specifics about the drums he plays (Sidenote- watch this man drum, hes amazing). Over the holiday break he personally replied and I thought that was nice. As busy as artists are on tour..its nice when one of them takes the time to respond personally.


Off to watch some Iowa caucus coverage and a little KU vs VTech football



Right Click and Save Target As to Download

No comments: